- High output, low pressure, single UV lamp design
- Visual lamp on/off LED indicator
- Audible and visual LED alarm
- Lamp change reminder with internal 365 day counter.
- Power connection for optional automatic solenoid safety shut-off valve
- Lamp day counter and audible alarm reset
- Stainless steel disinfection chamber is electro-polished and passivated to prevent corrosion
RCUV Ultraviolet Water Disinfection System
Protection from Waterborne Cysts, Bacteria and Viruses
The RainSoft RCUV Series incorporates the time-tested technology of ultraviolet light to reduce some of the most common microorganisms found in water.
In RainSoft RCUV Series water disinfection systems, an ultraviolet lamp is centered within a protective quartz sleeve in the unit’s precisely engineered and polished stainless steel disinfection chamber. This ensures even distribution of UV energy to all water passing through the unit. Microorganisms are bombarded with a lethal dose of UV light, destroying bacteria and inactivating many viruses.
Ultraviolet disinfection provides many of the same benefits as distillation without removing beneficial minerals from the water. UV disinfects water using high intensity light energy. Unlike chemicals, it does not leave unwanted residuals or by-products in the water.
Since there are no chemicals, UV does not affect the taste, odor or clarity of the water. For this reason, UV is often combined with other water treatment devices such as carbon filters, water conditioners and reverse osmosis to provide complete water quality solutions. Incoming water to the ultraviolet disinfection system should be filtered to a minimum of 5 microns. Your authorized RainSoft distributor can assist you in making this determination.